Rafi and Rajender Kumar.
Rafi had probably sung the maximum number of sophisticated songs for Rajender Kumar. Rajender Kumar better known as Jubilee Kumar created a soft, humble romantic image during the 60s and was equally respected like Dilip Kumar, by the audience.
The leading composers of bollywood including Shanker Jaikishan, Naushad, Ravi, etc., kept the image of Rajender Kumar in mind while composing songs for Rafi The songs “dil –e- betaab ko sine se lagana hoga” from the film Palki, and songs of Mere Mehboob, titled “mere mehoob tujhe meri muhobbat ki kasam”, “ae husn zara jag”, “tumse ishaar-e haal” composed by Naushad maintained that image. Sadhna acted opposite Rajender Kumar in Mere Mehboob and Wahida Rehman acted opposite him in Palki. Rafi was a genius and showed his verstality in the ghazals composed in these films.
The leading songs composed by Shankar Jaikishan for Rajender Kumar and sung by Rafi include “mujhko apne gale lagalo” and “yeh ansoo meri dilki zuban hai” from Humrahi, “pehle mile the sapno me” in Zindagi, opposite Vaijayantimala, “yeh mera premepatra parkar” in Sangam, “tum khamseen ho”, “to bura maan gaye”, “o sanam”, etc. from Ayee Milan Ki Bela, “o priya”, “kahan chal diye” from Jhuk Gaya Aasman, opposite Saira Banu, “aye phoolon ki raani”, “chlake teri ankho se” from Aarzoo, opposite Sadhna, etc. Shankar Jaikishan had included ghazals, light classical, western waltz, other western notes for Rafi when he composed them for Rajender Kumar. Most of these songs were superduper hits.
Even Ravi composed songs like “husnwale tera jawab nahi” and “jabse tumhe dekha hai” in the film Gharana for Rafi which were picturised on Rajender Kumar and created alasting impression. SD Burman’s composition for Rajender Kumar in the film Talash also included romantic song of Rafi titled “palkon ke peeche se”.
The music in the films of Rajender Kumar and tremendous performance of Rafi had been the major reason for his immense success during the 60s and early 70s, in addition to soft performance of Rajender Kumar and all his co-artists. The films and the songs should be preserved for their immense musical value.
- Immortal Ghazals sung by Mohammad Rafi.
- Awards received by Mohammad Rafi in his illustrious career.
- Mohammad Rafi- the greatest voice of the last century.
- Rahul Dev Burman’s immense respect for Mohammad Rafi.
- Laxmikant Pyarellal’s immortal relationship with Mohamand Rafi.
- OP Nayyar’s immortal relationship with Mohammad Rafi.
- Salil Chowdhury’s relationship with Mohammad Rafi.
- Ravi’s memorable combination with Rafi.
- Roshan's everlasting bond with Mohammad Rafi.
- SD Burman and Mohammad Rafi.
- Rafi’s pleasant memories with Madanmohan.
- Khayyam and Jaidev’s relationship with Mohammad Rafi.
- Kalyanji Anandji’s association with Mohammad Rafi.
- Naushad’s association with Rafi.
- Rafi and Jeetender